EXCITING & RARE OPPORTUNITY
(3YO filly – Tivaci/Knew It)
Limited shares are available in this striking and successful Group winning filly purchased by David Ellis CNZM at the Gold Coast Magic Millions’ Sale.
We know this filly very well, and there is an abundance of upside to her, with plenty of top line racing to come, we believe she will be a Group 1 winner in the new season.
Let’s reflect on her race record, and then we will provide the details of her shares:
15 starts – 3-4-3 – prize money to date $504,300.
- In New Zealand, as a 2YO, Wolverine won an 1100m race on debut early November 2021.
- At her second start on 11 December 2021, she produced a powerful display to win the Group 2 Wakefield Challenge Stakes at Te Rapa after travelling from her then base at Palmerston North.
- She travelled back to Palmerston North but returned to Ellerslie to win the Group 2 Eclipse Stakes on 1 January 2022.
- She was second in the Karaka 2YO Million behind Dynastic on 22 January 2022.
- On her home turf on 2 April 2022, she was second to Maven Belle in the Group 1 Manawatu Sires Produce Stakes – unsuccessfully protesting against the winner.
- Her New Zealand owners then sold half a share to an Australian bloodstock company and she transferred across the Tasman for her three year old season. Her three year old highlights have been recorded against elite Australian racing company:
- Shortly after her arrival she finished 2nd in the Group 2 Tea Rose Stakes at Royal Randwick in Sydney (barrier 10), only 1.5 lengths off Zougotcha (winner of a Group 1 at her next start) and Madame Pommery.
- She came from last (barrier 10) at both the 800m and 400m to run second in the Listed Canterbury Guineas 1400m on 13 March 2023 in Sydney.
- Next start in Sydney she was third in the Group 3 Carbine Club Stakes 1600m at Royal Randwick on a very heavy track on 1 April 2023.
- She travelled to the Gold Coast and was runner up in the Listed Daybreak Lover Stakes 1400m at Eagle Farm on 15 April beaten only a long neck by The Vowels – that horse has subsequently finished 3rd to Kovalia in the Group 2 Queensland Guineas and 2nd to Special Sway in the group 3 Rough habit Stakes so the form truly stacks up.
- On 22 April 2023 she contested the Listed Princess Stakes 1615m at Doomben (barrier 13) coming from last for third.
- In a similar vein, her last start in Australia on 6 May in the Listed Gold Coast Bracelet 1800m saw her settle last from barrier 14, remaining near last at the 800/400m and scorching home to run 4th.
We are highly optimistic about the huge upside with this filly. She will return to New Zealand to be trained by Mark Walker and Sam Bergerson (who also owns a share in her with his father, the filly’s former NZ trainer Roydon) – she will be managed by Te Akau.
The original Kiwi owners wish to remain involved and there is only 40% available in her. She is already a highly valuable filly and we intend to enhance that value even further. We expect her to be very competitive at the elite level in the Spring.
A 10% share would be $93,000
A 5% share would be $46,500
A 2.5% share would be $23,250